This basement project has taken over my life. But I’m happy to report that we’re halfway through the project… and the part that we finished was the part that really mattered anyways (since it was our office / guest room).
The other half is the partially finished laundry room area and we just need to paint the floor and rearrange everything. However, I thought I’d share some pictures from our basement project.
Here is our basement BEFORE we pulled up the carpet. All the furniture had already been moved upstairs but we had to do our own demolition before the waterproofers came in. You can sort of see how gross the carpet was (lots of dark spots).
Our nasty old linoleum floor in the laundry room area. We had to tear up the floor for the waterproofers.
We purchased new “eco-friendly” carpet (yes, we’re yuppies), Jeremy put up new drywall (which he learned to do by watching YouTube) and he repainted the entire basement. We also purchased a new futon mattress (the old one was so worn down that it actually HURT to sit on it).
Jeremy moved our Wii into the basement as well to clear up the clutter in our living room. It also gives us another incentive to hang out downstairs. Now we have to tackle laundry room half and oy, that is a project. It is amazing how much junk two people can collect in a couple of years. So we’re sifting through our junk, determining what is getting tossed or donated and then reorganizing.