My friend, Myriam, tagged me in a post where I was tasked with answering 11 questions. The rules of this game are:
- You must post the rules
- Answer the 11 questions that the tagger posted for you & then create 11 questions to ask the people you’ve tagged
- Tag 11 people and link them in your post
- Let them know you have tagged them
I can tell you that I don’t have 11 blog friends so I’ll have already failed this game. But here are my answers to Myriam’s questions:
1. If money were no object, what would you buy right now?
I’m so boring – I’d buy a new house. While I love living in Baltimore City most of the time, I am dying to leave my current home for greener pastures (or at least a yard, a somewhat smoke-free environment or at least enough property so that if my neighbor is smoking outside I am not drowning in their smoke, and some additional space).
2. Who is your favorite TV character and why?
Schmidt from New Girl. He is HILARIOUS and despite his douchey appearances, his character has a good heart. And he’s hilarious. Like laugh out loud hilarious.
3. What shameful habit do you have?
I think Jeremy should answer this because I don’t think I have any shameful habits THANKYOUVERYMUCH. I honestly can’t think of a bad habit. I have lots of bad qualities (like how I am easily distracted but that’s not really a habit).
4. What toy do you wish you could play with right now but refrain from because you’re an adult?
I have no idea what toys are even out there outside of baby/toddler toys. I’m out of touch. But I can say there are a lot of fashion trends that I like but am afraid to wear because I think I’m too old.
5. What strange thing is in your purse right now?
Sadly, I don’t really have anything strange. I try to stay on top of my purse (which is the diaper bag because I’m too lazy to switch between bags). Some things that people might find strange but that I find practical are:
- a purse hook (for hanging my purse on tables if I don’t want to put it on the ground)
- nail file
- antibacterial hand stuff (I’m a mom – enough said)
- camera (you never know when you’ll find yourself in a picture worthy moment!)
I guess the thing that garners the most looks is my massive pile of coupons (usually Bed, Bath and Beyond). I HATE when I go somewhere and realize I have a coupon but that I left it at home. I prevent this by carrying coupons on me AT ALL TIMES. I need a better system though because it makes me look batshit crazy when I’m sifting through a massive pile of papers at the register.
6. What talent do you wish you had?
Oh geez – there are a few. I wish I could sing. Or play a musical instrument really well. or was an amazing artist. Or design and sew things really well. I’m good with those.
7. What website do you visit on a regular basis? (pinterest and facebook don’t count)
Just one? I visit several on a regular basis and they are all so different. I read home improvement blogs (my current favorite is Young House Love), fashion blogs (I’ve previously listed the ones I love), mom blogs (I love MODG). There are too many to list!
8. What state would you live in if you could live in any state in the US?
I always go back and forth between New York (and by New York, I mean New York City) and California (despite never having lived or even visited California before). I’m always up for moving out of Maryland but have stipulated that it must be a state that is along a coast. Growing up in Maryland has made me accustomed to being in a reasonably driveable distance to a beach. I like that. I don’t want to be land locked!
9. What is your favorite local restaurant? (no chains allowed)
It really depends on my mood. Here are a few places that I love:
- DiPasquale’s (Italian deli / sandwich shop)
- Samos (Greek restaurant)
- Sticky Rice (this is a sort of chain. There is a location in DC. They have tater tots! And lots of great vegetarian ‘sushi’)
- Liquid Earth (Vegan restaurant / fresh juices bar. I don’t eat here often but I like it a lot)
- The Dogwood (locally grown food – eclectic mix located in Hampden)
10. Fruity or chocolaty?
Again – it depends on my mood. But one of my favorite desserty snacks is a chocolate covered banana. It is the best of both worlds!
11. What weird things bother you that wouldn’t bother other people?
I hate when certain people use a lot of “um” and “uh“s in their presentation. It drives me up a wall! I know most people say “um” in their daily conversations but I am really trying hard not to do this. When someone is in a position where they are presenting something (and their position requires them to do this quite frequently from being a manager to a lawyer) and they can’t get out a simple sentence without a few “ums” and “uhs” – it is hard for me to take them seriously.
As for who I will tag… I tag nobody. I don’t have 11 people to tag! I’m opening these questions up to anyone that reads my blog. You can blog your answers or simply leave them in my comments.
- Of all the places you’ve ever visited, what was your favorite?
- E-Reader or real book? Why?
- What is your favorite book and why?
- What scares you?
- What’s your favorite mealtime (breakfast, lunch or dinner)?
- On what do you spend the most money (necessities don’t count! I don’t want to read answers like, “rent/mortgage” or “food”. I want to read about your extensive taxidermy collection.)
- What is your favorite physical attribute?
- What physical attribute are you most attracted to?
- What is your dream job?
- Morning person or night owl?
- Isn’t my baby the cutest? (seriously – isn’t she?)