So I’ve briefly mentioned that I’ve started the p90x “extreme home fitness” system. Anybody that happens to catch infomercials ridiculously early in the morning may be familiar with this workout system.
Jeremy actually did this last year with good results. I thought it was a bit ridiculous but I couldn’t deny the change in his soccer game. He was faster, he had more endurance and he just seemed to have more energy altogether.
Since I’ve decided to make this year about physically punishing myself with a race every month, a couple of 10ks, a potential 10-mile race, a triathlon, a half marathon and maybe even a full marathon (this will all be for another post) – I thought it was time I changed my routine.
I’m in Day 3 of this workout and I’m already sore, grumpy and may have hurt myself. WTF?
The grumpiness is due to this diet. It’s tough to go for a no-junk diet when you’re surrounded by magnificent Valentine’s day treats. Stupid office with their stupid treats…
My daily diet now consists of:
Breakfast – 8am
- 8 oz of soy milk
- 8 oz of V8
- 8 oz of egg whites (this was super tough on me… I hadn’t eaten eggs in quite some time)
- 1 banana
- coffee (okay – this technically isn’t allowed but I will fight someone if I don’t have my morning coffee. I think for the sake of our marriage, Jeremy said I could have it.)
Snack – 10am
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder in water. Yuck. Yum.
Lunch – 12pm
- 1 veggie burger patty
- 1 whole wheat bagel
- 1 slice of vegan cheese
- 1 apple
- 1 orange
Snack – 3pm
- protein bar (I went for a vegan/organic protein bar because I’m a yuppie.)
Dinner – 6pm
- 6 oz tempeh or tofu. I’m going with tempeh this week.
- 2 cups of tightly packed spinach
- 2 tbsp fat-free/light dressing (a delicious and organic dressing. Seriously – can I be any more of a yuppie?)
- 8 oz of plain soy yogurt
Snack – 8pm
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter with celery
- or 2 oz of soy nuts
This is a lot of frickin’ food. Not only that… the between times kill me. I sit in a cube. Surrounded by junk. And I’m eating lots of liquidy fruit and drinking a ton of juice.
You figure it out.
So… I’m a wee bit grumpy.