So in case you haven’t noticed, I started a 101 in 1001 list awhile ago. My 1001 days are almost up (in a week… 4/21/2010!). I’ve kind of abandoned this list so I thought I’d revisit it to see what was left.
I will say that I have accomplished over half of the list and there are only 45 remaining items. Some of these items are never going to happen such as:
89. Eat at Paula Deen’s restaurant in Savannah, Georgia.
I wrote that before I went vegetarian and clearly I’m not going to find anything of substance there for me to eat).
There are also a number of items that are just not going to happen in a week (basically any of the items involving travel) :
21. Travel to the California wine country
25. Go to Cedar Point Park
29. See The Grand Canyon
34. Go camping
36. Go on a random road trip (this would have to be planned at this point… making the idea of “random” not so much)
60. Snowboard all the way down a trail (the snow is gone! I’d have to travel somewhere cold… and that’s not happening)
90. Eat at any Food Network star’s restaurant in NYC (I’m not driving up to NYC just to eat this weekend)
So, I’ve decided to rip off an idea from a friend and compile a 30 before 30.
I’m taking the top 30 (out of my 45) and determining what I can feasibly do before July 22nd.
However, I just tried to pick the top 30 and it was kind of difficult. I mean, I have a few easy ones that I could probably bang out this weekend (like read an entire newspaper… isn’t it sad that I’ve never done this? The internet has ruined me) but in terms of exciting stuff, well… just the crap is leftover.
So I’m happy to take suggestions on things I just MUST do before I turn 30 (within reason, of course).