3 Years ago today, I married a man that…
- Makes me laugh nearly every day
- Takes care of the crap I don’t want to take care of… like finances and vacation booking
- Converted to a vegetarian diet because I was such a nut about animal welfare
- Puts up with my crazy
- Is able to cook ridiculously delicious meals
- Supports me in all of my decisions including (but not limited to):
- Triathlon – getting up at the butt crack of dawn and hanging around ALL day to snap pictures and cheer me on
- Marathon – cooking pancakes for me after my long training runs, calming me when I cried through my injury and running all over Philly to make sure he caught up with me on the course
- Is good at everything he does – like running a half marathon without any training and still running it faster than I could ever hope to run it
- Still loves me even when I vomit all over his car and on our bedroom floor after a night of binge drinking
Okay – the list could go ON and ON and ON… but these were the highlights from the last year.
While sometimes I feel like time is flying by – I’m feeling more and more like “we’ve only been married for 3 years?” And I don’t mean that in a negative way – I mean that in the “I feel like I’ve been with you my entire life” love kind of way.