I had a BLAST in NYC… and I promise to blog a bit about that later.
Today’s topic: My husband finished his Spring semester of law school and has decided to take the summer off (no classes!) so he feels like he has a TON of free time
What does this mean for me?
I’ve been sucked into a bajillion home projects for the summer.
I got back home from NYC around 11:30pm and Jeremy started spouting off all of the things he wanted “us” to accomplish over the summer around the house. While there are some home projects that I definitely want to be completed, I also want to relax this summer.
So here is the list of things Jeremy wants us to do this summer:
- Fix the damage done to our backyard during the snowstorm. This includes fixing the gutters and the fence.
- Repaint our bedroom. Back in January, my brother-in-law helped Jeremy put up crown molding in our bedroom. We had purchased the crown molding when we bought our house (5 years ago!) and finally put it up. However, we realized that most of the trim in our bedroom is off-white but the ceiling is white. And now it just looks weird.
- Rearrange/update our bedroom. Since we’re repainting, we’re going to rearrange it. Remove some shelves. Get a headboard. Blah blah blah.
- Have a basement waterproofer fix our basement.
- Re-carpet our basement.
- Vent our dryer outside. Yes, we have a dryer that currently vents INTO our house so it ends up being like 100 degrees whenever we run it. This probably has led to the moisture/mold problem in our basement.
All I want to do is finish my patio table project (I started it last summer) and plant/grow some veggies in our backyard. We picked up a hanging tomato planter and now we just need to hang it and start the process.
While I don’t mind projects… these projects are crazy expensive. I’d rather go on vacation or buy fun things.