To avoid another post of me posing in my maternity wear – I thought I’d borrow from Doahleigh and do a year in review.
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Got knocked up.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I used to write down my resolutions every year and then save them to a file on my computer. But apparently I forgot to do that for 2010 so I guess I didn’t have any resolutions. And no, with the “unknown” ahead of us (aka baby) – I am not making any resolution outside of “survive 2011”.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I knew lots of people that had babies! I also know lots of gals that are pregnant and due very soon.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nobody close to me… thank god.
5. What countries did you visit?
France! Technically I went to Paris at the end of 2009 but I was STILL in Paris into 2010 for two days. It totally counts.
I also went to Turks & Caicos in August.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you didn’t have in 2010?
A baby? That seems like an appropriate answer. Actually – maternal insticts. I’m really worried I don’t have any so it would be super cool if those actually kicked in upon the arrival of bambino.
7. What dates from 2010 will be etched upon your memory, and why?
June 5th. That was the day I found out I was pregnant. (and I know Jeremy, the sperm donor, is reading this going, “wow – I totally didn’t remember that.”)
8. What was your biggest achievement of this year?
I got a new job! Same company but a higher position in a new group and I’m loving it so far.
Oh… and I got knocked up. That feels like an achievement since it took much longer than I expected.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Another year that I didn’t bother to (1) use my Rosetta Stone to learn more Korean and (2) brush up on photography so that I could actually shoot in Manual mode.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Injury… always injury. I always seem to tweak my lower back muscles every 6 months or so.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Hhhmmm… good question. Maternity pants.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I’ll have to go with Jeremy on this one – he’s been a pretty good support system for my crazed pregnancy hormones.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
There are a few people in life that have appalled me but I’ll just silently judge them in my head (or share with Jeremy).
14. Where did most of your money go?
House, food, baby stuff.
15. What did you get really excited about?
Being pregnant… and then I freaked the fuck out.
I was also super excited about the LOST series finale but we all know what a big pile of dog crap that ended up being.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
I’m actually not sure. Some songs have been played SO MUCH that I can’t remember when they initially came out. Maybe that “So Fly like a G-6” song because I honestly had to look up what a G-6 meant and what the crap syzurp was. It was one of the first times I felt SUPER old.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer?
b) definitely fatter
c) not sure? Jeremy keeps me in a perpetual state of “holy crap we’re poor!”
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Travel. Learn things (Korean, sewing, photography). Organizing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How did you spend Christmas?
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
I guess I should say I fell more in love with Jeremy (it is nice to see him embrace impending fatherhood) but really – no new loves entered my life.
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Oh geez – the dreaded TV question. I watch SO MUCH TV. I really can’t pick a favorite. I loved Dexter (but I’m a season behind), Modern Family, The Wire (I watched all the seasons in January), Community, Tosh.0, 30 Rock…
23. What was the best book you read?
Um – crap. I don’t remember what I’ve read anymore. I was on magazine overload this year but I know I read some stuff…
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
25. What did you want and get?
A fertilized egg.
26. What did you want and not get?
Big pregnant boobs.
27. What was your favorite film of 2010?
Um… again, for some reason I’m totally drawing a blank on this. I watched A LOT of movies (courtesy of Netflix) but nothing is sticking out. I’ll just say “The Business of Being Born” because I watched several ladies give birth and it didn’t send me into a fit of tears.
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 30. Jeremy planned a mini-trip to the cheesiest place in the Poconos (equipped with a champagne glass tub!) and then a surprise pool party at a tiki barge where he proceeded to drink for the BOTH of us and get sick on the way home.
29. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept of 2010?
Comfort in the form of elastic waist pants.
31. What kept you sane?
Jeremy but only sometimes. I don’t think anything can really tame all of my crazy.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Oh geez… I don’t remember.
33. Who did you miss?
My grandmother. I would have loved to share the pregnancy news with her but she passed away 6 years ago.
34. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
I’ve learned to let things go and let things slide off my back. I spent a lot of years just being angry at things and people. I think my perspective changed either through age or through this pregnancy. I don’t want to waste any more of my energy hating on people.
35. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
This song lyric does not sum up my year but it is the verse I loved the most…
Arcade Fire “The Suburbs”
So can you understand?
Why I want a daughter while I’m still young
I want to hold her hand
And show her some beauty
Before this damage is done
So there you have it. I pretty much forgot most of 2010 or everything just revolved around this pregnancy. I’m looking forward to 2011. How was your 2010?