Annmarie is quite the Chatty Cathy these days. Half the time I have no idea what she’s saying. Our daycare provider recently told us that she can speak Greek (the provider is Greek) and English. They commented that she was “so smart” because they’d say something in Greek to her one day and she’d recall the word the next day. I’m sure they tell all the parents their kids are smart but Jeremy and I really do think that AM is a damn genius.
Lately she’s been into saying and doing a few things:
- Cleaning. She takes a baby wipe and starts wiping down surfaces in the house (coffee table, trash can, walls). She declares that she’s “cleaning” although it sounds more like “kee-ying”. It took me a bit to understand what she was trying to say.
- Sorry. When she does something that warrants an apology, she has started to say “sorry”. But she says it in a very “Gilly” from SNL kind of way (where you know she’s not actually sorry):
Plus she pronounces it “sowwy”.
- Airplanes. We now live pretty close to an airport. It isn’t house shaking close or anything but we see quite a few planes during the day. She loves to point to them and yell, “Pane!” But now she says, “Hi, Pane!” or “Bye, Pane!” and waves.
- All Done/Gone. Whenever she’s finished something (doing something, eating something), she’ll declare, “All done.” This isn’t really new but now our commute consists of driving through a tunnel. Every time we get through the tunnel, she yells, “All done!”
- I did it! This is my new favorite. She’s been lining up her toys in weird ways and when she’s done, she yells (with arms in the air), “I did it!” I f’n love this kid.